Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Troublesome Cherokee Purple

My tomato plants are 6.5 weeks old. I've had the starts for a week as of today and one of them is showing signs of faltering. The third tier of leaves, counting from the top down, on the Cherokee Purple has some issues...



There are four branches of leaves on this level and three of them have some funky action going on. The first is speckled with black spots:



The second leaf is curled up into itself. I notice it the other day and thought it would unfurl, but it's stayed the same:


Finally, this leaf is just plain wilted and kind of blackish:


I understand that funkiness can happen to plants, especially once they're outside and exposed to vermin, bugs, sun and extreme heat or cold... but these are still pampered baby plants that I set out only in gentle sun, during the day... Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment